Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I do the setup for my cousin on my old iPad2 after resetting it?

Can I do the setup for my cousin on my old iPad2 after resetting it? I would like to get her the Apple ID and a few apps before I send it to her. I'm sure she will give me the info that is needed for the Apple ID. She lives in another state and isn't very tech savvy.

She doesn't have a computer so will the iPad2 work for her? It is old but does have the latest iOS on it. The way I understand it, is that it can be used stand-alone through iCloud so doesn't need to have a computer.

I'm hoping to do Family Share with her, too. Will this work with 2 adult family members in different states?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kaye

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3, 32 GB

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:56 PM

Yes

With family sharing, you will share your purchases with her & any she makes will be charged to you unless she buys a gift card & adds it to her account

These support articles explain Family Sharing:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

She can certainly use the iPad without a computer and backup to iCloud. If she isn't tech savvy you might want to download the iPad iOS 8.3 user manual & save it in iBooks so that she can learn how to use the iPad to its potential.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1595/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 7:56 PM in response to kmush

Yes

With family sharing, you will share your purchases with her & any she makes will be charged to you unless she buys a gift card & adds it to her account

These support articles explain Family Sharing:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

She can certainly use the iPad without a computer and backup to iCloud. If she isn't tech savvy you might want to download the iPad iOS 8.3 user manual & save it in iBooks so that she can learn how to use the iPad to its potential.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1595/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Can I do the setup for my cousin on my old iPad2 after resetting it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.