Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 3,1 speaker disappear need help

Hello

I don't know what really happen. After downloading Adobe on my Mac Pro 3,1 the speaker symbol on top of the screen right side near the date disappear. I can't hear video or watch movies anymore. t use to be shaded dark gray but now it's very light gray. When I tried to click to raise the volume it will not allow me to adjust. Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you Arnold

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:21 PM

okay, ArnoldQ, try this. Hold down the Option (or Alt) key and click on the speaker icon at the top of your screen. You should see a list of sound outputs and inputs. Make sure your is set to either Internal Speaker or Line out if you have regular speakers (the kind that use a mini plug). If you have digital speakers, then by all means, set it to digital out. Also, find Audio MIDI setup, get that going and set your sound output to 44100 2 channel, 16 bit and that should fix things. Also repair disk permissions, maybe that might help, or Zap the pram (hold down Apple+Option+P+R keys on startup, hold down for 3 chimes then let go)

I don't know what really happened either

JB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 9:21 PM in response to ArnoldQ

okay, ArnoldQ, try this. Hold down the Option (or Alt) key and click on the speaker icon at the top of your screen. You should see a list of sound outputs and inputs. Make sure your is set to either Internal Speaker or Line out if you have regular speakers (the kind that use a mini plug). If you have digital speakers, then by all means, set it to digital out. Also, find Audio MIDI setup, get that going and set your sound output to 44100 2 channel, 16 bit and that should fix things. Also repair disk permissions, maybe that might help, or Zap the pram (hold down Apple+Option+P+R keys on startup, hold down for 3 chimes then let go)

I don't know what really happened either

JB

Mac Pro 3,1 speaker disappear need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.