Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot turn on automatic login on my macbook air yosemite

how to turn on automatic login on macbook air yosemite

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:08 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2015 10:42 PM in response to supertramph

Hi supertramph,

System Preferences > Users and Groups > Your Name > Login Options

• You need to be an administrator to disable login.
  • I believe if you use iCloud Keychain you can't use auto login as it stores passwords etc.
  • Also, ensure FileVault as switched off as this will also prevent you from switching to auto login. System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Filevault.

Good luck 🙂

May 7, 2015 12:54 AM in response to supertramph

Hi supertramph,

Just to make sure, were FileVault and iCloud Keychain disabled at the time you tried to disable login? Are you the system administrator?

I understand if your iCloud Password is the same as your login password you are required to change your login password, give this a try.

Also, is their a Guest User account active? Try disabling that.

Finally, did you click the Padlock in the lower left hand corner which will allow you the make changes? Otherwise you will not be able to edit you settings.

Good luck 🙂

May 7, 2015 1:39 AM in response to BMoon

yea i disabled both keychain and fire vault. only help from that was i could only activate guest login under automatic login. so, i still can't login into admin account without password! i tried activating guest user as well but hats not much of help either as it deletes all the files every time before shutting down the system.

and there is only two option under automatic login: off and guest user!!

i cannot turn on automatic login on my macbook air yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.