Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth speakers keep disabling sound effects on Mac

I have some creative T15 Bluetooth speakers. They connect to my Mac (OS-X Yosemite) okay, but after playing music/video through the speakers for a while, I am finding that sound notifications are being disabled, but music/video playback is okay, once I reboot the Mac , the sound effects are enabled again. The Mac is new , and no other problems. We have a sound bar on our TV, and I have connected this via Bluetooth to the Mac, and there are no problems with the sound effects being disabled, I also have some Bluetooth headphones which are working okay with the Mac. I did contact Apple support regarding this, who could not see any fault with the Mac, and advised me to contact creative support, but they are obviously blaming Apple for this problem. I have explained to creative, that the problem only happens with their speakers, and nothing else that is connected via Bluetooth. I had thought to try and connect some other Bluetooth speakers to try, but then the sound bar works okay. Wondering if anyone else has come across this before. Another thing, if it is Bluetooth drivers on the Mac, how do I update them. Creative have asked me if my Mac supports the A2DP profile, which I think that it does. Thanks for any replies.

MArtin

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 7, 2015 12:15 AM

5 replies

Bluetooth speakers keep disabling sound effects on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.