Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find the ipad mini stock keyboard

I have an iPad mini running iOS 8 (which, by the way, isn't an option of choices on this site).

I use SwiftKey and like it very much, but there are times I would like to use voice input and I can't do that yet with SwiftKey. Checking around, it appears that I could do it with the stock iPad keyboard, but when I check under the Keyboard setting support site, there's no option to change back.

Do I have to uninstall SwiftKey every time I want to use the stock keyboard? Isn't there a way I can toggle back and forth?

Incidentally, there's no category selection for my question, so I'm asking under "apps" even though it's the stock keyboard I want.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 12:36 AM

Hold your finger on the smiley face then tap switch to other keyboard.

User uploaded file

3 replies

May 7, 2015 12:59 AM in response to SaabSister

You're welcome. I can't find any setting that would change the white on grey on the standard keyboard. I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it but I'm surprized predictive isn't black on grey to match the rest rest of the keyboard, It would certainly be easier to see. I checked Swiftkey and they have predictive if you grant full access that appears easier to read.

how to find the ipad mini stock keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.