Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the MacBook Air play Bluray?

Hello!

I'm bran new and long over due to owning a MacBook. I just bought one the MacBook Air 13 inch the other day, I know you can purchase a separate diskdrive to play DVDs etc as I know they are no longer coming with them built in. I want to know if it's possible to play Blu-rays somehow? I know there is nothing available for purchase in store but is there a way around? Or will Apple make it available sometime ? Also can the MacBook play older PC games? Say as old as 1996, lol! I have a game called "Muppets Inside" from that time and I was hoping it could still play . Thanks for any info and insights! I'm excited for my new Macbook either way!

MacBook Air

Posted on May 6, 2015 11:13 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 11:24 PM in response to Kappy

thanks for your speedy reply! I guess I was kind of puzzled at first why an Apple product of 2015 could not play a Blu-ray but from my understanding it's more of they things were built with more streaming and downloading then physical copies. I'm still old-school in someways but I am finally updating with this purchase . Does anyone have any suggested links for these products that they would recommend? I wouldn't want to buy something that didn't work . Thanks again!

Can the MacBook Air play Bluray?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.