Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to pause the speech feature in pages?

I'm using pages to review one of my outlines, specifically the speech feature of the app. I am trying to figure out how to pause and resume the speech feature so that it will stop reading at one part and pick up where it left off when I turn it back on, every time I start it, it begins reading at the top again. If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 6, 2015 8:38 PM

1 reply

May 7, 2015 4:32 AM in response to hastyattorney54

There is start and stop, but no resume capability with text to speech. I had to make a one action text-to-audio file service in Automator. You select the text to be spoken, and then choose Pages > Services > Text2VoiceFile (arbitrary name), and the text selection is written to my desktop as an audio file. Now, I can start, stop, and resume audio playback of that content — right in the audio icon. No need to launch QuickTime.

The Automator solution uses the Text to Audio File action from the its Music Library. New Automator document as Service. Looks like the following for my implementation. Disjointed, but if Apple can't implement this text to speech functionality correctly, then this is the functional alternative.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

how to pause the speech feature in pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.