Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When syncing ipod what is other? (Music, video, apps, other)

I have an ipod touch 5th generation (64GB) (iOS 8.3) & I sync it through my windows computer (8.1). I update my ipod almost every day& I am using the most current version of iTunes.Until recently, there were no problems. I tried to sync my ipod as usual when it would not finish. I kept receiving a sync not complete message. I restored it to factory new and set up my playlists & went through the process of syncing. In addition to music, video, apps, documents & data, there is a category titled "other." The previous categories equal approximately 25 GB. The "other" category equals slightly more than 26 GB. Again, this was not an issue until now. What is this "other" and why is it using more than half of ipod?

PC, Other OS

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:21 PM

"Other" should not be that big. You may have had a corrupt sync and may need to restore your iPod. Take a look at this thread, although it is a bit old. What is the "Other" Catagory on the IPAD

The advice given there should apply to the iPod as well.

4 replies

When syncing ipod what is other? (Music, video, apps, other)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.