Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5c battery swelling

my iphone 5c screen is bludging from left side and home button is also not working properly due to it. i think the battery has swellen inside. my iphone is now out of warranty as i bought it in nov 2013. will the apple store change the battery free of cost under battery replacement program? where is apple repair centre in KL malaysia?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:31 PM

6 replies

Jun 16, 2015 4:44 PM in response to arsheha

I would recommend getting it in to the Apple Store or authorized dealer. My iPhone 5c battery started draining faster about 2 months ago, and in the last month started shutting off before running out of battery. In the last week it would shut off when the battery showed just below 50% charge remaining. I also had what looked like a pressure mark that suddenly appeared on the screen 2.5 weeks ago. I had an appointment at the Genius Bar today and my battery completely failed the diagnostic test. The person helping me was also very concerned about the pressure mark and said it is above the battery, so he was pretty sure the mark was from the battery and that the battery was swelling. I was told the normal fix for a failed battery would be me buying a new battery but that Apple will not replace a swollen battery in a phone. So they actually gave me a brand new phone. My phone was purchased in January 2014 so it was also out of warranty, but they were still willing to replace my phone for free.

Jun 21, 2015 12:24 PM in response to bor300

I went to the Apple Store today and I explained them the problem (battery drain, left side of the phone popping out, display problem) I have with the iPhone 5c. They ran a quick diagnostics and the result came to be the battery failed and this is not because of the consumption but due to the battery problem. They took my phone inside to check if the battery was swollen. Genius bar person took a look at the screen and he observed that the screen display was distorted. He then said it is because of the battery swollen. He then offered to replace the phone for free as replacing the battery may damage other parts of the phone. I accepted and came out with the refactored phone.

iphone 5c battery swelling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.