Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV doesn't set date and time and doesn't recognize password and id

Hi, I've been using my Apple TV for years now and when it slows or freezes too often, I just restore it to factory settings through iTunes. This time it just won't work. I set it to my time zone, changed my password, took care to check my id and password on computer home sharing, restarted everything, including router, still, it stops at the "setting date and time" stage. When I ignore this and go to computer settings and try to enter my apple id and password it doesn't recognize either. I don't think it's a router settings problem, since it's been working with the same router for ages, as do my iPad, iPhone. I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance you all.

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 7, 2015 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 7:26 AM

Ok, having found the answer on another forum, I think it could be useful as this seems to be a frequent problem.
Solution is to create a hotspot on your smartphone, and connect ATV to it, set date and time, and then reconnect it to your "regular" network. Not forgetting to turn off hotspot.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Applecatfromtelaviv

Ok, having found the answer on another forum, I think it could be useful as this seems to be a frequent problem.
Solution is to create a hotspot on your smartphone, and connect ATV to it, set date and time, and then reconnect it to your "regular" network. Not forgetting to turn off hotspot.

Apple TV doesn't set date and time and doesn't recognize password and id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.