Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i fix "core audio is not available" in garage band?

i recently downloaded the latest version of garageband (10.0.3), because the sounds i recorded (i record real instruments with the built in mic of my imac) on the version I've used all my life (5.1), started having a weird sound out of nowhere. i always use the "bright acoustic guitar" effect to record everything, so i kind of identify the way it should sound and this precisely is what started sounding differently. anyway, i installed the latest version assuming it was a problem within garageband, which i actually don't yet know. after several attempts of installing and deleting the new version i always get the message: "core audio is not available" when i try to record something new and when i try to play an old project, no sound comes out of my speakers.

if anyone knows the solution to the weird recording sound of the older version, please suggest a solution. the older sound that used to get recorded was a bright full sound of every string in my acoustic guitar when i strummed a chord, the new sound is all muffled and drowned and opaque. I've tried changing the effects to see if the problem is with my "bright acoustic guitar" favorite. but the problem seems to persist with every other effect. i don't know if the problem is that the mic is damaged or something.

regarding the "core audio is not available" message, if anyone knows what to do with that, it would be of great help as well. the "content" or "sounds" that the application downloads haven't downloaded successfully, it seems to reach a point where it freezes and i close and uninstall and do the whole process. i don't know if the fact that the sounds are not present or whatever, has to do with it not producing or recording any sounds.

GarageBand 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:35 PM

There are no replies.

how do i fix "core audio is not available" in garage band?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.