Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to app store

Earlier today my iPhone could connect to the app store to download updates. This evening, I saw a notification there was an update available and when I tried to enter updates, I got the message "Cannot Connect to App Store."

My Mac can connect to the app store as can my iPad. I could update the app through iTunes during a sync.

What happened to the phone? No settings have changed since updates done this morning.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, 32 GB

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:10 PM

5 replies

May 7, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Derryl S

Try resetting it (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the Slide to Unlock screen displays the reset is complete. See if you can then do the update. If that doesn't work:

You can also update via iTunes on your computer and sync it to the phone that way as you indicated.

If you click on the App Store and on "Featured", do you get a connection? What about the iTunes Store?

If you are getting the same error for both, then try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, and put in your Wifi info again.

Cheers,

GB

can't connect to app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.