Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sprint iphone 5 on straighttalk

Okay so i purchased a Sprint iphone5 from Choxi.com, it was a special offer from freedom pop. It is CDMA unlocked, When i got the phone it had a sprint sim card in it. I called straighttalk and they told me the phone was usable on there CDMA network, but that there was a number still on the iphone from sprint. So i called around got the number off the phone, and got the iphone activated on straighttalk, the downside is that it isnt exactly working. When i go to set it up it says i need to put a sim in and wont allow me past the wifi connection, so without thought i popped the sprint sim in and it let me past, but it isnt connected to straight talk. What exactly is going on and what do i do???

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:18 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2015 11:58 PM in response to Isouperb

Well, if you put a Sprint sim card into the phone, then no, the phone will not work on Staighttalk because of the Sprint sim card.

I think you will find that because of Sprint, you will not be able to use that phone on Straighttalk ever and if you want to use the phone it will have to be by using Sprint instead.

The only other way is to go to a Straighttalk shop or any outlet that they have and ask for some help there, but you would need to get a Straighttalk sim card to allow the phone to work, although Straighttalk have a CDMA network as well as a GSM network now.

Sprint iphone 5 on straighttalk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.