Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store asks me for password but won't let me enter my ID

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileI need to update fcp on my macbook pro (yosemite) but every time I try the app store asks me to enter my ID and password but it won't let me click on the ID box to put in my email and just gives me a generic example email in the box. I've tried just entering the password but then it tells me my account has been disabled due to security. I have tried changing the password but it does nothing. My details are working elsewhere, iCloud etc. It's just for fcp that it won't let me enter my email. None of my other updates required a password so they worked fine.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 2:29 AM

That isn't a generic Apple ID. That is the Apple ID to whom the copy of FCP installed on your Mac is licensed. The Apple ID is encoded in the app. You have a pirated copy of FCP from a source other than the Mac App Store installed on your Mac. You need to delete this app from your Mac and purchase it for yourself.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2015 2:29 AM in response to laurafrommatlock

That isn't a generic Apple ID. That is the Apple ID to whom the copy of FCP installed on your Mac is licensed. The Apple ID is encoded in the app. You have a pirated copy of FCP from a source other than the Mac App Store installed on your Mac. You need to delete this app from your Mac and purchase it for yourself.

App store asks me for password but won't let me enter my ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.