Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete multiple e-mails.

i Want to delete all e-mails in a mailbox. Is there any way to do this other than one at a time?

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on May 6, 2015 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 12:28 AM

By design, there is no way to delete all emails at once on the iPad. You can always use the web interface for your email provider. Or a computer mail client.

3 replies

May 7, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

Thanks for your reply. Now that I have sent all e-mails from a mailbox to Trash, one by one, and emptied the trash, the mailbox simply fills up again with old e-mails from the Server. Do you know of any way to stop this from occurring or at least limit the number of e-mails downloaded. I think that this used to be possible in earlier iOS versions.

May 19, 2015 7:56 AM in response to Rogerpk

Apologies for my delayed response. Use the web interface of your email provider to move archive or delete all the read messages in your inbox. Then moving forward, use the Inbox as just that, a staging area for unread emails that must be processed. When you receive new emails, take action immediately then either delete it or archive it if you need it for reference later. This will keep your inbox clean of anything you don't need to worry about.

You can Google the concept "Inbox Zero" to learn more about how to keep your Inbox clear.

Delete multiple e-mails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.