Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block all popups originating from a specific site?

My pop up blocker is enabled, yet I get pop ups every time I visit this site: www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/

Is it a safari extension?

MacBook Air

Posted on May 6, 2015 11:56 PM

5 replies

May 7, 2015 7:32 AM in response to sydneysandiego

You may have adware installed. Manual method.

Malware – Adware removal – Apple Support

Or download this program which was written by Thomas Reed, a long time poster. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. If you are uncertain about downloading programs, try the manual method.

Malware Guide – AdwareMedic – 10.7 and higher

May 8, 2015 3:33 AM in response to sydneysandiego

That site is both illegal and is a source of adware. You may have become infected with adware through that site, in which case Eric's solutions should help. You may also just be seeing typical obnoxiousness to be expected from a site of that caliber.

If you continue to use that site, it will be at your own risk. Sooner or later, it will infect you with something. Start using legal sources for watching TV shows, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

May 8, 2015 5:01 PM in response to thomas_r.

Thanks!

A friend sent me that link. I didn't know it is illegal to watch videos on a website.

How can I tell if a website is "illeagal"?

If a friend sends me a show or a link, where should check it to see if it's safe?

Okay, so even with pop up blockers, my mac airbook will still get them?

I have adware- that was referenced. I ran it last week and nothing.

Ran again after reading the post, and still nothing.

Much appreciated.

Wow, super impressed. everyone knows this site is of poor reputation.

May 9, 2015 3:48 AM in response to sydneysandiego

sydneysandiego wrote:

A friend sent me that link. I didn't know it is illegal to watch videos on a website.

How can I tell if a website is "illeagal"?

The key here is, is the site purveying commercial video content for free? Anything that people would normally pay for - such as movies - would obviously qualify. TV shows would also qualify because, although you can watch them on TV for free, you are watching ads along with those TV shows, which is what allows them to be free. If a site offers free streaming of such content, it is illegal and run by criminals, and thus it's a dangerous site. Only use legit sites for streaming such content online, like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.