Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem updating select Apps on Iphone 6

Hi,

I have a few apps on my phone that are refusing to update - auto or manually. When I try manual update, I am prompted for Apple id password to sign in to ITunes store, I can see the update circle moving briefly after I provide the password and then it just returns to same Update button. Several apps are updating correctly. This issue is with select few apps and it includes some of the popular apps like facebook, whatsapp, Google maps. So, I believe its nothing to do with App per se but some other issue.

Pls advise if someone has experienced this and related solution/fix. Appreciate help

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 7, 2015 2:58 AM

1 reply

May 8, 2015 2:32 AM in response to rits100

Further noticed that these Apps do not show under my Purchased Apps. However, in ITunes, I could see the pending Updates. When I try updating, I get some message unlike on phone. Error message suggests that the app is not associated with Apple id as it could have been purchased using another id or cancelled/refunded. None of it is applicable here. Does it all add up? Getting really frustrated as Whatsapp has stopped working and would not connect until updated. Any help will be hugely appreciated. Thanks

Problem updating select Apps on Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.