Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X How can I get drummer follow to go beyond 8 bars. It seems that if I copy the original 8 bars it does not follow

Logic Pro X How can I get drummer follow to go beyond 8 bars. It seems that if I copy the original 8 bars it does not follow

Logic Pro X

Posted on May 7, 2015 12:25 AM

5 replies

May 7, 2015 12:38 PM in response to tonym2410

You can either resize the Drummer Region or copy an existing Drummer Region. The Drummer plays wherever there is a Drummer Region.

The difference is that the Drummer adds a fill at the end of a Region based on the Fill setting that you configure in the Drummer Editor for that Drummer Region.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

May 7, 2015 9:26 PM in response to tonym2410

Delete the second drummer region

Then as was said earlier.....

Now extend the first Drummer region.

To do this... Move mouse to righthand BOTTOM corner of region, left click and drag... (Not loop which is done by clicking and dragging the pointer from the TOP righthand corner.. but extend) to the length you want engaging the drummer follow mode for that region..... and selecting the other settings you want for that Drummer region in the Drummer interface.

The single region will then look like this... (In this example I extended the drummer region to 24 bars.....)

User uploaded file

Note: Because of how Drummer works.. if you are using fills you might want to only extend in multiple of 8 bars..... so 8, 16, 24, 32 bars in length and so on.... so the fills occur in the normal places.. ie at the end of every 4 and / or 8 bars.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.