Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split Event

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a fault in iMovie that you cannot select say five minutes from an hour's worth of material in an Event and delete the rest. That would save a lot of disk space. Is there no way of splitting a clip in Events?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 7, 2015 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 11:32 AM

The principle now is that events contain clips as imported and cannot be changed in iMovie (i.e. non-destructive editing). Having said that it was very useful with past versions to be able to trim away unwanted parts of clips. To do this now you have to do it before importing, for example using Quicktime Player.

Geoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Scolty

The principle now is that events contain clips as imported and cannot be changed in iMovie (i.e. non-destructive editing). Having said that it was very useful with past versions to be able to trim away unwanted parts of clips. To do this now you have to do it before importing, for example using Quicktime Player.

Geoff.

Split Event

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.