Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

service data storage move failed

Mavericks server ...

I tried to move the location of the service Data in the Storage tab, the location has remained the same however the mail storage appears to have moved.... while the storage location for everything else has remained in the old location....

in the Tab the old location still shows....

how do I rectify this ? / check where each mail store is actually located for each user ?

any help greatly received.

Posted on May 7, 2015 12:46 AM

4 replies

May 7, 2015 3:00 AM in response to jepping

the only services they use are eMail and File Sharing, it looks like email has migrated over so that is my only concern....

I need to check where each users email is stored I am familiar with Terminal as I use it a lot on OS X and Unix systems.

Currently all seems fine but I'm concerned to get it all in one place....

I can "move" services to another volume again to see if this unifies things, not sure if the system is aware it has split the storage....

May 7, 2015 3:10 AM in response to Free Tibet

Documents and files inside a shared folder created by File sharing does not migrate, it is only service data.

You need to move those files manually, delete the share and recreate it on the new volume.

As for email, you can check every users mailfolder by using their "Unique User ID" or UUID and check the contents of each users in the mailstore inside

/Library/Server/Mail/Data/mail/users

You can use DSCL or Directory Utility to read the UUID for every user.

Goodluck

Jeffrey

service data storage move failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.