Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARC not showing all Computer's DNS Names

I use ARD 3.8 on a MBP 15" Ret running 10.10.3.

The MBP can and is on the Local Domain network so in Ethernet Settings DNS Window we do have the DNS Server listed there and the local domain is also listed.

When i open ARD and do a local network search it finds all the IP's on the Network but only populates some of the Computers with their DNS Names (only a few) it used to find almost all of the DNS names.

Is there something im missing here or a setting i can use to refresh and find all the DNS Names?

Its much easier when i see the NAME of the PC and not just the IP.

Ses attached

Any help much appricated

Thanks

James

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on May 7, 2015 2:57 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2015 8:46 AM in response to jaredfs

No they are "ALL" PC's running WINDOWS OS's

Its my business and i'm the only person in the whole organisation who has a Mac, it just so happens that i also administer the IT etc...

All from my MBP.

The strange thing is that the older version of ARD used to show much more detail than this version.

So from your comment about those devices giving out the DNS from Self-Reports possibly - it sounds to me like most of those Windows PC's on the LAN are NOT giving our their DNS over the Network.

Wonder how this is done or can be forced to do so.

Thanks

ARC not showing all Computer's DNS Names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.