Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime screen recording with internal audio?

I need to submit an interactive documentary for a festival screening. Since it is interactive and not linear, I need to include my navigations between different menus, film and other elements of the iDoc. So screen recording seems to be the way to go.

I tried QuickTime "screen recording" option. But I don't get the "built-in line" audio on the recording, and I can't find a way to change the input selection. Is there an obvious way to do this in QT or in another app?

- thanks!

(Yosemite 10.10.3, MacBook Pro 2,9 i7)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 7, 2015 4:21 AM

5 replies

May 8, 2015 12:30 PM in response to skrammel

User uploaded fileOne method might be to use the free utility Soundflower from Rogue Ameobaand create a Multi-Output Device in the Audio/MIDI Setup. The Multi-Output Device will have both Built-In Sound and Soundflower (2ch) selected as you see here. Once you install Soundflower you will see it appear as an option for QuickTime X screen recording. There may be alternative ways to do this but I have been successful with this method.User uploaded file

May 9, 2015 3:23 PM in response to Raymond Riley

Thank you, Raymond - indeed, installing the Soundflower extension did the job, and I didn't even have to create a new output device in Audio Devices. As you can see below, the option now appears in the QT sound menu:

User uploaded file

Simply, you have to change the System Preferences / Sound / Output to Soundflower (2ch) - and then switch it back to Internal Speakers afterwards, to hear the result. Voilà!

QuickTime screen recording with internal audio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.