Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've been asked to verify my Apple ID account, is this fake??

I've been asked to verify my Apple ID account as someone has attempted to purchase a Soccer 2013 App, is this fake??

Your Apple ID, was just used to download SOCCER MANAGER 2013 from

the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously

been associated with that Apple ID.

If you haven't recently signed in and believe someone may have

accessed your account, we recommend to visit the link below for a

full refund and verify that you are the legitimate account

holder.

Verify now

iPhone 6

Posted on May 7, 2015 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 9:51 AM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

9 replies

May 8, 2015 3:56 AM in response to LittleCreatures

The email appears to be a phishing attempt, designed to trick users into visiting a website. Please ignore the email and not to click on any link that is included in the email. If you still have the email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com so that Apple can investigate it. If the email contains links or attachments, please don't open them.

May 8, 2015 6:10 AM in response to samsadhasan90

I've clicked the "VERIFY" link already!! Opps... is it possible from me doing this I might be a target for further scams/fraud even though I didn't give any details. Will they already know enough of me to possibly identity theft? Will they hack into everything related to my email address now?

I'm paranoid.., any other helpful suggestions would be appreciated

May 8, 2015 10:07 AM in response to LittleCreatures

Unless they can guess, or it has an easy password, then they won't be able to access your email account. If you only went to the link but didn't enter your details then it's possible that they won't have picked up that it's an active email account - but be careful with any emails that you get that ask to click links to log in, type in the site's URL address manually.

May 9, 2015 7:46 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks for the advice & will be making sure I don't enter any important details in anything I'm usure about.

Only yesterday I went into the App Store to update apps & choose to download a free one. It started downloading the I was asked to enter my iCloud password which hasn't come up before just the normal add you Apple ID password with your email address being shown. I have my iCloud turned off & haven't even setup an account because I don't want to use it at all. Any idea why this would show up all of a sudden??

Dec 15, 2016 3:55 PM in response to LittleCreatures

It look like fake( scam).I hope this information will help somebody. Today I've got message from AppCare, that my Apple ID is due to expire and asked me to confirm my ID apple at http://validate-apple.com. And this link like Apple site.... BUT.....

User uploaded file

if you will check properly link... Not apple, but appie.

Every time before to leave your details, just make an attention at small details, it so important.

User uploaded file

I've been asked to verify my Apple ID account, is this fake??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.