Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Domain ~ Imaged HDD ~ Bind Hangs

Hi,

I have 66 new Mac Minis running Yosemite, that I need to attach to a domain. I have created a disk image, of a computer which is no longer on the domain (This computer was on the domain, at one point).

I copy the disk image to a new Mac, login, and try to add the computer to the domain.

If I go to Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options > Join and give it the domain name. I get "Unable to add server. Host not found (9007)".

If I open the directory utility, select Active Directory, put in the domain, click Bind and put in my credentials (That do work to put a Windows computer onto the domain), I get "Getting active directory domain information..." and it just sits there (Over 30 minutes on my last try).

I also sometimes get (First try after restart?), "Unable to connect to server Make sure that the computer is setting date and time automatically using the same network time server as the Active Directory server".

If I do a force quit on the hung process, I generally still have to force the power off, since I cannot restart system preferences.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 7, 2015 9:35 AM

There are no replies.

Windows Domain ~ Imaged HDD ~ Bind Hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.