Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App not recording data

The dashboard on the Health App on my iPhone 5s stopped recording steps and walking+running distance two weeks ago. Up until then all data was being recorded. Has anyone else experienced this problem.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Health App

Posted on May 7, 2015 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 9:01 AM

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities

In Settings --> Privacy --> Motion & Fitness Is that toggle switched on?

-Zeph

10 replies

May 13, 2015 12:10 PM in response to QuickPost

Nope, doesn't solve the issue for me.

ios 8.3, iphone 6.

Up until last week, my health app was recording walking/running distance, and now, it doesn't record the correct distance.

Ex: I know for a fact it's 1/2 mile from my apartment to the subway stop, now it only records less than 1/4 of a mile. I walked around all day and the distance hardly registers. I had zero problems before I updated to 8.3. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Feb 4, 2016 5:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

HI Chris, thanks for trying to help me but I'm not having any luck. I've tried the above steps suggested but I can only get as far as privacy,location can't find system services or motion and calibration. I have a 5c version 9.2.1

I also tried privacy, health then it just says in gray apps that have requested access to your health data will appear here.

Health App not recording data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.