Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Problems

I have noticed in the last few months that not everything syncs on iCloud like it used to. When I get an iMessage sometimes it takes a few minutes or longer to sync on both my MBP and iPhone. Currently iCal doesn't sync at all even though it used to. What could be causing this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 8, 2015 1:38 AM

1 reply

May 8, 2015 9:44 AM in response to -Reverie

Messages doesn't go through iCloud. It uses a separate server.

Check iCloud.com to see what is synced there. That should help to tell whether it is the computer or the iPhone that isn't syncing. If it is the computer, System Preferences/iCloud and uncheck Calendar syncing. Wait about 5 minutes, restart syncing, and see if the problem is resolved. If not, try iCloud Preferences and sign out out of iCloud. Wait about 5 minutes and sign back in.

If the iPhone, go to Settings/iCloud and sign out. Put the iPhone in the Airplane Mode for about 5 minutes, go back to the normal mode, and then sign back into iCloud.

Calendar Troubleshooting

Calendar and iCal Troubleshooting - Advanced

iCloud Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.