Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please does anyone have an app that allows me to use my brother P-touch 2420PC tape printer on a mac mini running Yosemite. Many thanks in anticipatione

I use a mac mini ( late 2012) which now runs OS X Yosemite. When I had a sailmaking business I bought a Brother P-touch 2420PC tape printer. I retired and when i came to use it I had bought a new mac mini & upgraded to yosemite the brother web site stated that it no longer serviced yosemite. ny help would be gratefully received. Rob

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 8, 2015 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2015 3:50 AM

Brother stopped supporting this printer on Macs at Mac OS X 10.6.8, they never even supported it with 10.7 let alone Yosemite 10.10.

Your only options would appear to be either to run Mac OS X 10.6.8 Server in a virtual machine in Yosemite, or run Windows again in a virtual machine in Yosemite. Of course buying a new printer is another possible choice, Brother do have newer P-Touch models with newer and supported drivers. Perhaps you could find one of these on eBay.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2015 3:50 AM in response to rospursails

Brother stopped supporting this printer on Macs at Mac OS X 10.6.8, they never even supported it with 10.7 let alone Yosemite 10.10.

Your only options would appear to be either to run Mac OS X 10.6.8 Server in a virtual machine in Yosemite, or run Windows again in a virtual machine in Yosemite. Of course buying a new printer is another possible choice, Brother do have newer P-Touch models with newer and supported drivers. Perhaps you could find one of these on eBay.

please does anyone have an app that allows me to use my brother P-touch 2420PC tape printer on a mac mini running Yosemite. Many thanks in anticipatione

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.