Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore my iPhone 6 Plus backup onto my iPhone 5?

I sold my iPhone 6 plus which was my daily driver. I usually back up my phone to my laptop and not iCloud, and now I wanna restore my iPhone 6 plus content from iTunes backup onto my iPhone 5, but it doesn't give me the 6 plus backup as an option to choose from, the only backup option I get is the recent one from iPhone 5 which doesn't have what I need. But the iPhone 6 plus backup is still there when I go to preferences > Device. Can anyone help me with this??, thanks!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 8, 2015 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2015 9:49 AM

Howdy ShanXton,

It sounds like you want to restore one of your older devices, an iPhone 5, from a recent backup of an iPhone 6 Plus that you sold. The article linked below provides a lot of great information that about transferring content from one device to another, like making sure both devices are using the the same version of iOS, which can help you resolve this issue.

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support

You can't install a backup of a newer version of iOS onto devices that are using earlier versions of iOS. If your backup came from a device that has a newer version of iOS installed, update your new device before you transfer your data. For help, see Unable to restore from a backup of a newer iOS device.

Ciao,

-Jason

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2015 9:49 AM in response to ShanXton

Howdy ShanXton,

It sounds like you want to restore one of your older devices, an iPhone 5, from a recent backup of an iPhone 6 Plus that you sold. The article linked below provides a lot of great information that about transferring content from one device to another, like making sure both devices are using the the same version of iOS, which can help you resolve this issue.

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support

You can't install a backup of a newer version of iOS onto devices that are using earlier versions of iOS. If your backup came from a device that has a newer version of iOS installed, update your new device before you transfer your data. For help, see Unable to restore from a backup of a newer iOS device.

Ciao,

-Jason

How can I restore my iPhone 6 Plus backup onto my iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.