Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't share to Facebook directly from my Photos album even after hitting More... and verifying that Facebook was ticked in the options. My share menu is just coming up with the Sync option and the More... option.

It's basically all explained in the title, but I have created an album with pictures I want to upload to Facebook just like I used to do in iPhoto and it's all fine up to there but when I hit the share button it just brings up the options to sync over my iCloud devices or More... which is what brings up the menu to add twitter, facebook and any other apps to share menu. Howevever, after making sure Facebook is ticked and included it still won't show up and it's really frustrating.

Help? thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 8, 2015 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2015 9:27 AM

In System Preferences > Internet Accounts, what happens when you click on Facebook? Does it show your FB account email address below your name & is the "Enable This Account" box at the bottom still checked? If you click on the "Details..." button, is it still showing (in obscured form) that you have set a password for that account? If so, what happens if you retype it & try sharing from Photos again?

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2015 9:27 AM in response to nicolozano

In System Preferences > Internet Accounts, what happens when you click on Facebook? Does it show your FB account email address below your name & is the "Enable This Account" box at the bottom still checked? If you click on the "Details..." button, is it still showing (in obscured form) that you have set a password for that account? If so, what happens if you retype it & try sharing from Photos again?

Aug 30, 2015 6:38 PM in response to nicolozano

Since the last update itunes and now photos are totally up the creek. I went to the Apple store and they did a factory reset on my iphone 6 but it hasn't done any good for my phone or my MacBook Pro Retina which is only 2 years old. I'm so frustrated as now I have this problem of not being able to post my photos and videos to FB from photos. The upload tool on FB is so slow and useless it's just a waste of time. I'm so disappointed with this last update in the OS system which is, software and firmware combined, so I was told at the Apple Store yesterday (29th August 2015). It seems we all just have to wait it out until Apple gets their ***** in gear and sorts this crap out. I'm ready to chuck in the towel and move over to something else I really am and I've been an avid Apple customer for over 10 years!!!! This is really getting to me, constantly having to hard reset my phone more than once a day because iCloud is messing up my phone and making it freeze and iTunes is constants crashing on my MacBook. It really isn't good enough for the money we pay for these devices!!! APPLE ARE YOU LISTENING!!!!!!!!!

Aug 20, 2016 3:58 PM in response to KHerrador

Just ran into this issue as well. Made sure Facebook was activated, but still no option in Photos for sharing to Facebook.

Update: Just noticed that there was an iPhone movie mixed in with the photos. When I de-select the movie, I have a Facebook share option. I can select the movie by itself and share to Facebook, but as soon as I combine a photo with a movie, the Facebook share option disappears.

Dec 7, 2016 11:09 AM in response to nicolozano

I am having this issue as well. I have read through the replies and tried suggestions but it is still not working. When I open up internet accounts settings, Facebook is there and "enable this account" is checked. When I try to click the "share menu" box, a check mark appears in the box briefly and then disappears. When I click the "Details" button, there is nothing there to allow me to put a password in there. It just shows my user name, description (Facebook), and my name.

Can't share to Facebook directly from my Photos album even after hitting More... and verifying that Facebook was ticked in the options. My share menu is just coming up with the Sync option and the More... option.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.