Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Camera doesn't work in iMovie

Hi, I restored my iPad Mini (1st Gen, 64GB) to iOS 8.3, as I was having problems with crashing. I now have a problem with iMovie. The camera works fine in the camera app, just not in iMovie.

If I try to record from the camera directly in iMovie, then there are 2 possible outcomes:

1. The Camera Preview shows a blank grey screen, with buttons to switch to the front camera. It allows me to press record, but nothing is recorded. I cannot take still images, or switch to the front camera.
  2. The Camera Preview does show, but it doesn't allow me to record anything, pressing the record button does nothing. I also can't switch to the front camera.

I have tried reinstalling the app, and clearing any saved movies, but it hasn't worked.

Thanks In Advance.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 8, 2015 8:53 AM

4 replies

May 12, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Olafgarten

If using the iMovie's In-App-Camera is not working, you may need to perform the following:

- Try a hard reset, hold the "Sleep Wake button + Home button" for until your device shows the apple logo (about 10-15 seconds)

If that doesn't work...

- Backup all the iMovie Projects you created on to your Mac

- Delete iMovie from your device and re-install it

iPad Camera doesn't work in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.