Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5.5.3 - struggling with inserting a new page.

I am using Pages 5.5.3 on with OS X 10.10.3. What exactly do I need to do to insert a new blank page into the middle of my document? I looked at the Help document and it really wasn't that helpful. All of the text in my document are in text boxes. There is no text floating on the document whatsoever. When I attempt to insert the section break, page break, etc., I always get a page at the end of my document and can't move it where it needs to be. Please help! Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 8, 2015 10:54 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2015 4:04 AM in response to BrendaSTX

The first task is to use the View menu to show invisibles and page thumbnails. Your section breaks will be a blue line across the page.

Let's say that I have a document with two sections, and I want to add a page to the first section. I locate the first blue section break line, and place my insertion point at its left edge. Then, Insert ▸ Page break places a new blank page at the end of the first section. You can confirm this in the thumbnail panel, because a smaller page appears beneath that section. Not where you wanted it? Just select Edit ▸ Undo. Want to remove that page later? Place your insertion point in front of that section break again, and hit backspace.

Follow the above concept when you want to insert a new section using either Insert ▸ Section, or Section Break. Not as handy as the Insert menu, but Pages v5 also provides a Create a new section at the bottom of the Toolbar:Document:Section panel.

Pages v5 Help instructions give one hope that pages can be re-arranged in the thumbnail view by dragging, it is sections, including single-page sections that permit this functionality.

Pages 5.5.3 - struggling with inserting a new page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.