Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped my iphone, screen pixels were glitching now screen wont work at all

Hi!

My lab partner dropped my iphone 5c a week ago in class, causing the corner of my phone to pop up. The screen would glitch and fade unless I held down on the part that was popped up. The bottom right then started popping up. Today, I was holding both ends down to text (the only way the screen would work), then my phone fell about 6 inches.

Now, the phone will not work at all! It will be black, then I hit the unlock button or the home button as if I am checking for notifications, and the screen turns navy blue but no matter how hard I press down on the screen it will not work!!!

I have no warranty but I do have apple care. However it has been almost two years so Im not sure how the apple care works/if it is still available.

I'm vert frustrated and not sure what to do at this point.

iPhone 5c

Posted on May 8, 2015 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 12:05 PM

Make an appointment at the nearest Apple location to have your iPhone evaluated for free.

Once the diagnostics are complete, the staff will explain your options.

Make a Genius Bar Reservation

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

7 replies

Dec 2, 2017 8:56 PM in response to Mickeymouse333

I have also dropped my phone and a black crack of some sort has appeared on my screen. My friend told me that I got it cracked in the pixels. She told me that when it’s cracked in the pixels, the “crack” only shows when the phone is on and the screen is only normal when the screen is off. It has been getting worse although I have only dropped it once. By worse, I mean black blotches have apeared in strait lines on the right of the screen. Does this mean I need a new screen? If someone could plz help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thx.

Oct 13, 2015 12:43 PM in response to Mickeymouse333

Hi, i have the same problem as you. Somebody threw my already cracked IPhone 5s, and now it glitches every time i press the lock screen into checkerboard ish patterns and lots of different colours. the flashlight automatically keep coming on and Siri says things once and a while along with ringtones. Do i have to get a whole new phone or just replace the screen? My sim card and the outside of my phone is undamaged.

Can anyone help? It would mean a lot thanks so much! ( i also do not have apple care because i got my phone august 2014)

Dropped my iphone, screen pixels were glitching now screen wont work at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.