Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from my iPhone aren't showing up in Photos app on Mac

... I have iCloud Photo Library enabled on both devices. Both devices are signed into the same iCloud account. Photos I upload from my camera to my Mac DO show up on in my iPhone's Photos app. But iPhone photos are NOT showing up in Photos on my Mac. Anybody have any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 8, 2015 4:16 PM

35 replies

Mar 11, 2017 8:27 AM in response to jdkeyes24

I literally spent all morning trying all the suggestions on this post to fix this issue. Nothing was working, then I said, "Forget this, let me try to restart my computer." And I did. And it worked. My photos are now synching perfectly between my Photos App on my MacBook and in my phone. Why I didn't just try to restart it from the beginning I don't know. When all else fails, restart your computer!

May 17, 2015 6:05 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Yes, the photos show up in the Photos app on iCloud.com.

I tried unchecking the boxes in iCloud preferences, waiting for 5 minutes, and then rechecking. Still nothing.

In the Photos app preferences under iCloud Photo Library, it looked like it was doing something for a bit. It said it was preparing photos to upload. Now it says it's uploading about 23,000 items (apparently I have a lot of photos), but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. The number never seems to change. Could it be that it's just trying to upload all the photos on my Mac and that the iPhone photos are way at the bottom of the queue just waiting to be uploaded to my Mac?

May 18, 2015 8:42 AM in response to jdkeyes24

jdkeyes24 wrote:

.......The number never seems to change. Could it be that it's just trying to upload all the photos on my Mac and that the iPhone photos are way at the bottom of the queue just waiting to be uploaded to my Mac?

It can be quite slow and painful while it syncs for the first time, some have mentioned that it hasn't seemed to move for a day or so and then start up again. Do you have any large videos, they can take a long time to convert and then upload. Generally photos are uploaded in batches of 20 but when there is video involved it seems to take an awful long time. Yes I noticed that until the first sync is complete, photos from your phone or other devices won't go to your Mac.

You might take a look in Activity monitor to see what Photos processes you have going on and whether you have data going out from your network.

Photos from my iPhone aren't showing up in Photos app on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.