Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find owner of podcast

I cannot log into my podcast -- perhaps a previous employee set it up -- how do I get into my podcast (or discover who's name/email it is under)??

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 8, 2015 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2015 1:08 AM

You don't actually need to log into the iTunes Store to do anything with a podcast once it's been accepted. All you need to do is to amend the feed and re-publish it, and it will then update in iTunes. Of course you need access to the server where the feed is hosted. You can check the feed URL by subscribing to the podcast, going to the 'Podcasts' playlist, control-clicking on the name of the podcast there (not an episode) and choosing 'Copy Podcast URL'.

If you don't have access to the server you will not be able to proceed, but the login there is nothing to do with an Apple ID. You would have to take it up with the people running the server.

Failing that, it comes back to the Apple ID, as you may be able to email Support (podcasts 'at' apple.com) and ask them to move the Store to using a new feed. However you won't easily be able to find out what Apple ID was used, and Support are unlikely to move the feed without being certain you are really the owner, for obvious reasons.

The feed may contain an email which Apple would use to contact you in the event of a problem, though this may or may not be an Apple ID. If you like to post the URL of your iTunes Store page (control-click on the image in the Store page) or that of the feed I will look at it and see if there is any helpful information in it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2015 1:08 AM in response to iChilly

You don't actually need to log into the iTunes Store to do anything with a podcast once it's been accepted. All you need to do is to amend the feed and re-publish it, and it will then update in iTunes. Of course you need access to the server where the feed is hosted. You can check the feed URL by subscribing to the podcast, going to the 'Podcasts' playlist, control-clicking on the name of the podcast there (not an episode) and choosing 'Copy Podcast URL'.

If you don't have access to the server you will not be able to proceed, but the login there is nothing to do with an Apple ID. You would have to take it up with the people running the server.

Failing that, it comes back to the Apple ID, as you may be able to email Support (podcasts 'at' apple.com) and ask them to move the Store to using a new feed. However you won't easily be able to find out what Apple ID was used, and Support are unlikely to move the feed without being certain you are really the owner, for obvious reasons.

The feed may contain an email which Apple would use to contact you in the event of a problem, though this may or may not be an Apple ID. If you like to post the URL of your iTunes Store page (control-click on the image in the Store page) or that of the feed I will look at it and see if there is any helpful information in it.

find owner of podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.