Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete loops from the loop browser in garageband 10.0.3?

is there an easy way to delete/remove loops from the loop browser in garageband 10.0.3? (OS X} Macbook Pro

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 9, 2015 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2015 6:21 AM

is there an easy way to delete/remove loops from the loop browser in garageband 10.0.3? (OS X} Macbook Pro

Do you want to delete custom loops you added?

There is no command to delete loops from the browser.

Uninstall them by deleting the from the Loop Library and then reindex the loops:

Your custom loops will be in your user library:

~/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/

Find the loops there, quit GarageBand, and then delete the loops you want to remove.

Then launch GarageBand and use the command "Reindex all loops" from the drop down menu at the top of the Loop Browser.

User uploaded file

To reveal the hidden User Library, if it is still hidden:

• Bring the Finder forward by clicking on the Desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
  • Select your user/home folder (with the house icon in the Finder sidebar)
  • With that Finder window as the front window, press the key combination ⌘J to bring up the View options.
  • In the View options panel enable ’Show Library Folder’. That will make your user library folder visible in your Home folder.
  • Open your Home folder, then the Library folder, then Audio, then Apple Loops/User Loops/
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2015 6:21 AM in response to rvbcalgary

Do you want to delete custom loops you added?

There is no command to delete loops from the browser.

Uninstall them by deleting the from the Loop Library and then reindex the loops:

Your custom loops will be in your user library:

~/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/

Find the loops there, quit GarageBand, and then delete the loops you want to remove.

Then launch GarageBand and use the command "Reindex all loops" from the drop down menu at the top of the Loop Browser.

User uploaded file

To reveal the hidden User Library, if it is still hidden:

• Bring the Finder forward by clicking on the Desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
  • Select your user/home folder (with the house icon in the Finder sidebar)
  • With that Finder window as the front window, press the key combination ⌘J to bring up the View options.
  • In the View options panel enable ’Show Library Folder’. That will make your user library folder visible in your Home folder.
  • Open your Home folder, then the Library folder, then Audio, then Apple Loops/User Loops/

May 9, 2015 2:53 PM in response to rvbcalgary

Thanks leonie, i will need to make a copy of these loops on an external drive before deleting them from the Loop Library , or lose them , right?

That is right. If you want to save the loops, make a backup on an external drive.

Why do you want to delete loops from the Lopp Browser? Are you running out of space on your system drive? Or do you just want to get loops out of the way for easier browsing?

May 9, 2015 11:54 PM in response to rvbcalgary

As wll as I want to get loops out of the way for easier browsing

For easier browsing you can use filters in the Loop browser, but to free space you will need to uninstall them or remove other items from your drive. The Loop library needs to be on your system drive. It would be easier to move other items to an external drive. Your Photos Library or your iTunes library, your GarageBand projects can easily be relocated to external drives, but the loop library is either in the Library folder in your Home Folder for in the System Library Folder at the top level of your Macintosh HD.

To use filters on the Loop Browser:

I mark the loops I like most by the "Favorite" button. Then I can filter by favorites. And I set the menu at the top of the Loop Browser to the collection I want to use.

User uploaded file

Have you already tried to set up the buttons in the Loop Browser to show your favourite instruments and Genres? You can right-click or ctrl-click any button in the Loop Browser and replace it by a button for a different Genre or instrument.

User uploaded file

how to delete loops from the loop browser in garageband 10.0.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.