Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't turn off my location services on iPhone 5s

I Can't turn off my location services on my iPhone 5s. It's greyed out and I can't touch it to turn it on or turn it off. ITS NOT THE RESTRICTIONS. THE RESTRICTIONS ARE TURNED OFF. Why can't I turn it off?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 9, 2015 8:54 AM

3 replies

May 21, 2015 5:54 PM in response to It'sbrandom

Same exact issue here. Battery rundown becomes a BIG issue as a result, otherwise I wouldnt care.

Did a full restore, and made sure to turn off location services when setting up. Configured the whole phone so that nothing would require location services enabled (except maps). Seemed like all went well, I mean location services remained off, and was not grayed out. However, first time I used the maps and needed to turn on location services, it was already finished. Went right back to that locked state, permanently on yet grayed out. Battery running down like a madman, 1% every 10 minutes in sleep state.

I figure that this is apples way of making everyone roll over and buy the iphone 6.

*Apple please allow signing to downgrade to previous iOS's. This is ridiculous.*

Feb 2, 2016 12:22 PM in response to jil_tko

I am having problems with my iphone 5s, after upgrading to the new IOS 9.2.1.

o

I cannot get into my location services, its all grayed out, and I even took your steps above and I still cannot get into it.

When I go from settings/privacy/location services=On/location services is all grayed out.

I did go from general/restrictions on/enter my passcode/location services/share my location and its already off but I cannot even turn it on, IF I wanted to, cause that part is grayed out too.

Please help

Is there a way I can downgrade my apple iphone 5s to 9.0.2?

Thank you.

Can't turn off my location services on iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.