Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In imovie my movie keeps uploading null???

This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Everytime I go to upload a video in iMovie it says "uploading null". I can't figure out what the problem is. I have updated my iMovie and everything, restarted my cpu and still I get nothing. PLEASE HELP!!!! I have searched the web and still nothing comes up!! 😠

iMovie 10, null

Posted on May 9, 2015 7:47 AM

6 replies

May 14, 2015 9:47 AM in response to tneenee17

Are you able to upload, though? I am having a similar problem (uploading to YouTube) and if I try to check the upload progress I get the "uploading null" message, and then iMovie will "quit unexpectedly". If I restart it and try again, it will get further--then quit. Try a third time, and it will ALMOST finish. The last two videos I've uploaded finally completed on the fourth attempt each. I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling iMovie yet but that may come next. I do know the problem started about the same time that you mention, a couple weeks ago.

May 21, 2015 3:48 PM in response to dmclain

Friends:

Here's what's been working for me:

1. From iMovie, Share to a file

2. Upload the file

My home internet uplink is slow, but i uploaded a three gigabyte file last night.

I have a friend with really fast upload speed and he uploaded a couple 10GB files for me a few days ago.

I'm doing a large one from home now that has 4800 minutes to go! I hope it starts going a little faster!

Good luck!

Bert

In imovie my movie keeps uploading null???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.