Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of iTunes details from one to another for a podcast

Hi,

I summited a podcast to iTunes for a client using Podomatic to upload the audio, graphics, text and create the RSS feed.

Having done this and the podcast being accepted to iTunes the client informed me that they want the authorship of the podcast transferred over to them, mean when they open their iTunes the can access the podcast details and I can't. I've already provided them with the podomatic details so them can upload and edit and just need the correct way of transferring or changing the apple id to theirs.

If you can help that would be great.

Thanks,

Colm

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Itunes

Posted on May 9, 2015 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2015 9:59 AM

AFAIK once a podcast is accepted you're not going to be able to change the Apple ID which originally submitted it., though I can't swear to that and you would have to ask Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com). However, once it's accepted ownership of the feed is considered sufficient to make changes and the ID doesn't really come into it.

Changes to a podcast cannot be made in iTunes, only by amending and re-uploading the feed.

Given that, they can take over the podomatic account and simply change its password so that you won't be able to access it.

They should amend the 'itunes:email' tag to show their email.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2015 9:59 AM in response to Voxonic

AFAIK once a podcast is accepted you're not going to be able to change the Apple ID which originally submitted it., though I can't swear to that and you would have to ask Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com). However, once it's accepted ownership of the feed is considered sufficient to make changes and the ID doesn't really come into it.

Changes to a podcast cannot be made in iTunes, only by amending and re-uploading the feed.

Given that, they can take over the podomatic account and simply change its password so that you won't be able to access it.

They should amend the 'itunes:email' tag to show their email.

Transfer of iTunes details from one to another for a podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.