Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CBSN live locks out return to main menu or anything else

When in Live mode of CBSN, if you want to leave it, you can't. It traps you.

The only method of escaping it is to pull the plug!

How do we let CBS now about this issue? It did not happen when it first came out. So some update broke it.

Problem does not happen with other live apps.

AppleTV 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 9, 2015 12:48 PM

7 replies

May 11, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Ataraxy01

Greetings Joseph Coates,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the CBSN app get stuck on screen. Does the app still play or is the Apple TV frozen? I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Apple TV: Troubleshooting third-party content providers - Apple Support

If the issue is affecting a single content provider on your Apple TV, restart your Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. If the issue continues, you might need to contact the content provider.

Restore your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Mario

Jun 11, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Ataraxy01

I also have this issue just as described. Once the CBSN live stream starts there is no way to stop it ( other than the plug). After a few second the audio stream continues but the video remains black. Once in this audio only mode nothing works. The apple TV does still recognize the remote buttons are being puushed as the front white led blinks with buttons are pushed but all I get is CBSN audio.

CBSN live locks out return to main menu or anything else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.