Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Thumbnails & Previews in Aperture

I'm using Aperture on MBPr 13" (mid 2014) on OS X Yosemite (10.10.3). For some reason some of my thumbnails are distorted. They look like brightly coloured glitchy snow.

I've rebuilt all the thumbnails 3 times, and every time some of them end up like this. My library is about 250GB, 52k photos.

I also removed all the previews, but I see that there is still a preview folder in the library, why does the preview folder remain even after removing all previews? The preview folder is about 2.5 GB.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 9, 2015 7:29 PM

1 reply

May 17, 2015 6:56 PM in response to DanielJackson

Yep, I've got this same problem too. I only see it when thumbnails are small though, when I enlargen them the correct images are there again, so I don't believe the thumbnail images themselves are bad. Oddly, I only see this problem on certain pictures, not all of them.

This is something new since I last used Aperture a few months ago, and my guess is that Apple have updated whatever OS framework it uses to display thumbnails with a new bug, err, "feature" (bad memory pointer perhaps?).

OS X 10.10.3 + Aperture 3.6.

Issues with Thumbnails & Previews in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.