Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I convert to pdf or word?

Hi,

This is a recent problem that I can't seem to fix.

When I try to export a pages file to pdf or word I get the following error:

The file “TtTB 270415.pdf” doesn’t exist. Or The file “TtTB 270415.docx” doesn’t exist.

Has anybody else experienced this problem or have any idea how to get around it?

Thanks,

Stu

MacBook Air

Posted on May 10, 2015 3:01 AM

6 replies

May 10, 2015 7:17 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hi,

I guess I could have been more specific. I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10.13 Pages version 5.5.3

I created a new document that I needed to export to another format to upload my university website (they do not support Apple documents). This has happened on numerous occasions recently, but I never experienced this issue in the past.

Hope the extra info is more helpful.

Stu

May 10, 2015 7:48 AM in response to StuGoldsmith

We play "Guess what card I'm holding" every day. It does get exhausting having to ask for the same basic information every time, but you are not the first.

There are some quirky things happening with Pages 5.5.3, in fact all versions of Pages 5.

Usually this is something that happens with files either shared or saved with iCloud/iCloud Drive.

Have you tried saving the Pages file to somewhere different, your Hard Drive, a different folder, another hard drive, or your desktop?

Peter

Why can't I convert to pdf or word?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.