Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I upgrade my 2007 Mac Mini To a 2.33ghz T7600, Should I Not Be Able To Run Yosemite?

If I upgrade my mac mini 1.83ghz 2007 model, currently running os x lion, to an intel core 2 duo T7600 clocked at 2.33ghz should I not technically be able to run os x yosemite without hacking it on since the 2009 model has an almost equally powerful processor. If not is it due to the x86 architecture that is only supported by the 2007 model, cuase I would say the T7600 is capable of 64 bit.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 10, 2015 6:10 AM

5 replies

May 10, 2015 9:40 AM in response to tbirdvet

You have completley bypassed my question , why did you even bother trying answering my question? and I openly disagree Yosemite would not 'move like a snail' It runs as smooth as butter on the 2009 model, which has similar specs there is also no evidence to suggest it would run any slower, apart from maybe a couple of extra background tasks. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about, believe or not you don't need an intel i7 to browse the internet.

May 11, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Shanestir

The problem is Yosemite checks to see if the mac its being installed on is in its list of approved or verified models. If you model doesn't match that list it will return the unsupported model message. It basically knows that your model isn't approved.

If I upgrade my 2007 Mac Mini To a 2.33ghz T7600, Should I Not Be Able To Run Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.