Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to adjust the volume of CarPlay

Community, I am enjoying CarPlay on my Pioneer receiver, using my iPhone 5, however when Siri asks me questions the volume is about 10X louder than anything else on the receiver. How can I adjust Siri's volume on CarPlay?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Using CarPlay

Posted on May 10, 2015 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2017 10:47 AM

This is a frustrating problem. You're in luck though; there is a way to fix it. So intuitive that it is non-intuitive...at least on Honda vehicles. Likely on others also though.

You actually just use the standard volume control knob on your vehicle while that feature is activated. So to lower Siri's crazy loud beeps/voice, activate Siri and then lower the volume with the knob while it is activated. It's a different volume from the stereo. I believe it is the same for the ringtone volume but I have not tried. I need to have someone call and adjust volume while ringing.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2017 10:47 AM in response to spedskiskiski

This is a frustrating problem. You're in luck though; there is a way to fix it. So intuitive that it is non-intuitive...at least on Honda vehicles. Likely on others also though.

You actually just use the standard volume control knob on your vehicle while that feature is activated. So to lower Siri's crazy loud beeps/voice, activate Siri and then lower the volume with the knob while it is activated. It's a different volume from the stereo. I believe it is the same for the ringtone volume but I have not tried. I need to have someone call and adjust volume while ringing.

Jul 30, 2017 1:58 AM in response to mjfox52610

mjfox52610 wrote:

This little trick worked perfectly on my new 2017 civic

Hi there, just wanted to be sure what trick you were referring to which worked. Are you referring to @ITS68's reply?:

iOS 10.3.1 fixed the issue on my Ford with Sync 3. It was possible to adjust the volume before but only during the ring. But every time I disconnected the phone and connect it again it defaulted back to 100%.

It now seems to work and "remember" the ring tone volume set for the car.

Aug 24, 2017 8:44 PM in response to spedskiskiski

I have a new Mitsubishi Sport and it is a massive problem. I have taken it back to the dealership and tried all the below with no luck! Everyone just says "oh, it shouldn't be doing that". Not real happy. Have just gone back to not using Carplay unless I desperately need the maps but find Google Maps to be better anyway. All works good when just using Bluetooth...

Dec 16, 2017 12:45 PM in response to spedskiskiski

Is there anyway to set the default volume control for Siri when using Carplay. I LOVE Carplay, but whenever I use Siri - ask for Map directions, would I like to send a message, who would I like to call, Siri blasts me out of my seat.

Yes, I can adjust Siri's volume, when Siri is activated, but it doesn't keep that volume setting. Next time I get in my car and activate Siri, it is back to 100%.

I use Carplay in my 2017 Nissan Murano. Wish there was a way to set Siri's voice to 80% as the default volume

I want to adjust the volume of CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.