Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How restore the aperture library to aperture after having migrated to photos? o y

Does anyone know how you restore the aperture library to aperture after having migrated to photos. The pics and organization I had within Aperture disappeared from Aperture upon migration. Unfortunately I should have read more before trusting Apple that Photos would be a superior program, it isn't.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on May 10, 2015 6:35 AM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2016 10:27 AM in response to Yer_Man

Unfortunately two obstacles to implementing this solution:

1) I stupidly installed the OS El Capitan, which means that I can not run Aperture

2) the Aperture library has changed its name when it opened with "Photo", it is called "migratedlibrary" and therefore can not be recognized by the Adobe plugin "Aperture Import" for Lightroom 5, and is not more recognized by the plugin "iPhoto import" because El capitan destroyed Iphoto...

It is very shocking that Apple deals with such contempt its loyal users, and whether that Adobe should implement solutions to remedy this neglect.

I am a photographer, I thought soon buy a new Mac, but surely I'll buy a PC!!

Feb 16, 2016 10:37 AM in response to olimpio

You can simply rename the Aperture Library filename extension "migratedaplibrary" back to ".aplibrary". The migration changed just the filename extension.

To rename the library select it in the Finder and use the command "File > Get Info". Type the changed name into the Info Panel.

User uploaded file

Aperture 3.6 will run on El Capitan. Have you tried to update?

See this link: Updating to Aperture 3.6 After the Release of Photos

iPhoto 9.6.1 will run on El Capitan as well: see Barney's User Tip: :
Can't Update iPhoto because it is not available in the App Store
)

How restore the aperture library to aperture after having migrated to photos? o y

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.