Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Google Apps in Dock of Macbook Pro

Recently, I have been experiencing a few problems with my Macbook Pro (purchased in October of 2014). I get random popups and when I turn on my laptop, a popup usually comes up asking me to "Find application _____" in an entire list of applications. Also, my trash is always full with a bunch of "recovered files." Today, I noticed that there were a few Google based apps in my Launchpad (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Search, and YouTube). However, I know I DID NOT download these and I know they are fake, because I had previously downloaded Google Drive on my Macbook and it's in another page of apps. In addition, I cannot seem to delete these fake apps. Everytime I drag them to the trash they bounce back, and I can't back click on them. What should I do?!? I'm really worried because my laptop is still relatively new 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 10, 2015 8:42 AM

1 reply

Random Google Apps in Dock of Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.