Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 no longer finds any of the available wifi networks

My iPad 2 was working fine yesterday, but last night it could no longer find any of the Wi-Fi networks in the area. It cannot see my home network or any of my neighbor's networks that I usually see. I tried rebooting last night, and it did not work.

This morning, I reset the network settings, and it found the networks again. It was working fine for about 2 hours, but then it stopped finding networks again. I have tried rebooting and resetting the network settings again, but nothing seems to work.

Product info: iPad 2, 16 GB, iOS 8.3

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 10, 2015 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2015 11:17 AM

Hey there markdog333,

From your post it sounds like resetting your network settings on your iPad isn't showing you any Wi-Fi networks anymore. I would next like you to reset your network settings one more time, then quit the Settings app:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that reset the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the softare just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2015 11:17 AM in response to markdog333

Hey there markdog333,

From your post it sounds like resetting your network settings on your iPad isn't showing you any Wi-Fi networks anymore. I would next like you to reset your network settings one more time, then quit the Settings app:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that reset the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the softare just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

My iPad 2 no longer finds any of the available wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.