Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anything new on updating Aperture for Yosemite?

Just wondering if there is a solution now to this issue.

Just upgraded to Yosemite. Aperture no longer runs. I'm on the Canadian App Store. I purchased Aperture FROM the App Store; it's in my list of purchases; next to it is the legend 'Open'. I'm not sure what 'Open' means. I click it and nothing happens.

Is there a way to get Aperture 3.6, and what might it be? I've got ver. 3.5.1.

All ears,

Ben

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 10, 2015 4:17 PM

14 replies

May 13, 2015 7:10 AM in response to Lanny

Yes. And I've seen half a dozen of those ... the solution always to 'Contact AppleCare.' Which is not really a solution. I was hoping that some progress had been made and that whatever one discovers by calling 'AppleCare' might be published in a Forum. You would do me a great favour if you could point me to one of those 'answers' that has come up 'multiple times everyday since the release of Yosemite'.

May 13, 2015 7:47 AM in response to Lanny

I'll check your link, than you kindly Lanny ...

I did a search, found an online chat connect with Apple. Chatted with Niki. Here is the solution. I had to DELETE the previous version of Aperture off my computer, and delete the trash, before the 'download' appears up in the App Store 'Purchases'. Which I'm now downloading.

And I'm going to check out your link, thank you, and see if there might be other issues/solutions related to the latest version of Aperture.

All the best,

Ben

May 13, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Csound1

I did.

And I would have checked it before going to Apple Chat, but it wasn't there yet. And I did check the Forums ... I found at least a dozen posts that complained about the issue, offered really complicated work-arounds, or suggested calling Apple. Isn't it intriguing that I had to spend an hour going through posts, and then posting here, before I actually got a useful answer.

Don't give me a hard time boys, it doesn't encourage people to use these forums.

May 13, 2015 9:22 AM in response to Lanny

I used Aperture and Yosemite, Yosemite and Aperture, Aperture update for Yosemite ...and half a dozen variations ...

And you are absolutely right: I should have used 'Aperture 3.6 update'. I think it's because when I started the searches I hadn't yet come across the fact there WAS an update.

Thank you very much for your help guys, very much appreciated,

Ben

Anything new on updating Aperture for Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.