Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 4th battery indicator issue

I have an ipod touch 4th. I bought it last week from a local store. It was a used one, . I have noticed that when i'm connected to my wifi, downloading and navigating the internet, the battery drain to fast, maybe for 10 minutes, it goes from full to maybe less 20% (i'm assuming because ipod does'nt show the battery in %) . When i turn off my wifi, the battery begin to go up itself. I have searched the internet, and it seems that is a custom problem for ipods. Can anyone show me how to fix this? I'm tired of navigating for 5 minutes, then turning off my wifi, put it so sleep to recover the battery, and then navigating again. Please help!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, 4th

Posted on May 10, 2015 6:32 PM

3 replies

May 10, 2015 6:45 PM in response to GeniAhd

It could be a battery problem. It may be because it is probably a old iPod. But the best way to fix this is to replace the battery. It also could be a Wi-Fi chip. I know a friend who had a iPhone 4 and their Wi-Fi chip fried. You can find replacements on Ebay or Amazon. Go to your local RadioShack or other computer store to insert the new components. Hope this helped!

May 11, 2015 1:39 AM in response to GeniAhd

The battery indicator on an iPod is not accurate. You will see the capacity increase if yur turn off and then turn on the iPod.

The test is how long can you play a video after charging for at least 8 hours. about four hours is norm for a used iPod.

If you can't live with the run time then:

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one with a new battery for $79. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

A third-party place like the following will replace yur battery for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the battery yourself if you are up to it. A replacement battery costs about $15

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

ipod 4th battery indicator issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.