Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod won't turn on after worsening battery life

So for the two months I've been noticing my iPod's battery will hardly last a day. Previously the battery life had been fantastic for the almost 2 years I've had this iPod. A few weeks ago my iPod started dying at the end of the day even though I barely used it all day. Then it started dying after being on for a couple of hours, then a couple of hours even if I didn't use it. It died on me today after about forty-five minutes of use. I hooked it up to the wall charger and now it won't turn on.

I've tried rebooting it but nothing seems to be happening. It won't even give me the drained battery sign. No apple symbol pops up either. I'm going to try hooking it up to iTunes and seeing if that might help.

Any help would be appreciated!

I've got 5th Generation iPod Touch with 32GB of space, I would say about 12GB are being used right now.

iPod touch, iOS 8.0.2, null

Posted on May 10, 2015 9:06 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2015 11:32 PM in response to Junijay

The same thing has happened to my iPod, it is also a 5th generation iPod touch and is just over 2 years old. The battery was only lasting about half an hour and yesterday it turned off. I have tried charging it using a wall plug, iPod dock and laptop but I haven't been successful in any. The drained battery symbol was coming up but was flashing on and off, saying it was charging and then wasn't and then was again. But now nothing happens the screen just stays black.

May 11, 2015 1:14 AM in response to Junijay

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

and

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPod won't turn on after worsening battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.