Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I animate a single cell from a generator in Motion 5?

I've created a video wall with 25 cells (5x5). I've animated it so that the camera zooms in on a single cell while it plays.

That's not exactly what I want though. I want the other video wall to remain constant but have one cell lifted off so that it eventually covers the entire screen. The part I can't figure out is having the rest of the cells remain still while the single cell moves forward and gradually covers them up. Right now, the entire wall grows until the right cell is in focus.

I think I could figure it out if I knew how to make a selection of one of the cells. I'm new to Motion 5 though and it appears like if you use a generator to create the cells then you can only operate on all the cells at once.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 10, 2015 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2015 1:58 AM

If by generator you mean replicator?

Start by checking the 3D option.

Origin: Upper Left

Build Style: By Row

Then you would apply a Sequence Replicator behavior to the replicator. In the behavior, click the Parameter > Add button and select Position. Dial down the disclosure triangle and add an amount to the Z parameter (how far you need to move the tile.)

For the Sequence, set it to Through.

Unit Size > Custom

Start 0% End > ~2% (a little flexible here)

Spread 0

Traversal: Custom.

Move the Location slider to "pop" the tile you want forward.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

HTH

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2015 1:58 AM in response to kerpop

If by generator you mean replicator?

Start by checking the 3D option.

Origin: Upper Left

Build Style: By Row

Then you would apply a Sequence Replicator behavior to the replicator. In the behavior, click the Parameter > Add button and select Position. Dial down the disclosure triangle and add an amount to the Z parameter (how far you need to move the tile.)

For the Sequence, set it to Through.

Unit Size > Custom

Start 0% End > ~2% (a little flexible here)

Spread 0

Traversal: Custom.

Move the Location slider to "pop" the tile you want forward.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

HTH

May 11, 2015 6:07 PM in response to fox_m

LOL. Yes, I meant replicator. Toldya I was new. 🙂

I tried your instructions as soon as I got home from work and they were spot on. Thank you so much!

I originally wanted to bring out C2, R4 but as far as I can tell, the only option would be to either the center or an outside corner cell.

Thanks again. I was not even close to stumbling on the answer.

How do I animate a single cell from a generator in Motion 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.